02. TRANSPARENCY / NOTICE
2.1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The types of Personal Information we collect and our privacy practices depend on whether you are a customer, user, visitor (together, “Individuals”) and the requirements of applicable law.
- FARAWAYNANTUCKET Information. When you register for or use the Services, or make a purchase online or in-person, we will collect information from you. This may include Registration Data, your name, email address, phone number, address, travel itinerary, date of birth, a copy of your government ID, credit card information, and other related information. We may also issue you a personal invite and/or promotional code.
- Information about your Stay. When you stay at one of our hotels, we may collect information about your experience, including amenities purchased, preferences, feedback, and other related information.
- Roommate Matching Technology. When you agree or ask to be paired with a roommate, we may collect information about your preferences such as languages you speak and your interests.
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information and the contents of your communication when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter or loyalty program, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us. If you call our customer support line, you agree we may record your conversation for quality assurance, fraud prevention and training purposes.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information.
- Interactive Areas. We may offer forums, blogs, social media pages, messaging services, and other Interactive Areas. LH may collect the information you share in these channels, including the content of any messages. Any content you provide on public or community areas of these channels, including User
- Biometric Information. As part of the check-in process, we may ask you to provide a government ID and also to take a “selfie”. We (and our service providers) may collect biometric information contained in both images and compare it for fraud and verification purposes. We do not use this biometric information for any other purpose.
- Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, IMEI, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, information about when you lock or unlock a hotel room door with the mobile application, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations (such as credit agencies) to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third party application, such as an App Store, a third party login service, or a Social Networking Site (e.g., Google, Facebook, etc.), we may collect information about you from that third party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your user name, location, gender, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
2.2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested including to:
- ~Process and complete any transactions in connection with the Services (e.g., to sell you a hotel room);
- ~Manage Individual information and accounts;
- ~Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- ~Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- ~Answer requests for customer or technical support;
- ~Allow you to register for events.
- For Administrative Purposes including to:
- ~Measure interest and engagement in our Site and Services;
- ~Conduct research and development;
- ~Improve our products and Services;
- ~Develop new products and Services;
- ~Ensure internal quality control;
- ~Verify Individual identity;
- ~Communicate with you about your account, activities on our Site and Services and policy changes;
- ~Process your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- ~Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- ~Enforce our Terms;
- To Market Our Products and Services. We may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- ~To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- ~To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- ~To provide Services to you and our partners;
- ~Other purposes you consent to or are disclosed when you provide Personal Information.
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes as described below.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information Use. We may use Personal Information and other information about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Site and Services, or other analyses we create. De-identified or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. LH’s Site and Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, LH allows you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by LH or any other third parties for any other purpose.
- Other Uses. LH may use Personal Information to pursue legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.